Common efficiency retrofit financing pitfalls to avoid December 8th, 2014
Third-party financing is a great option to drive retrofit projects forward when out-of-pocket funding is either not available, or simply not optimal. However, the process can be complex and time-consuming. Below are some common pitfalls to avoid, framed as best practices.
- Thoroughly understand your financing options.
- Understand who’s taking the risks vs. who gets the returns.
- Evaluate the impact of third-party financing on future building sale-ability.
- Avoid high financing overhead and origination expenses.
- Consider whether to bundle numerous efficiency measures vs. pursue individually.
- Compare quotes from multiple financing partners.
- Carefully establish a baseline and performance metrics when using shared savings arrangements.
Efficient buildings – from insight to action.
Posted by GreenPSF in Property User Support, Solutions Provider Support