How to Join the South Bay Cities Green Building Challenge September 8th, 2015
- Visit http://southbaycities.org/gbc
- Click on Sign Up (If you already have an account, click ‘Log In’)
Note: Once you have completed the steps below and joined the Challenge, you will be taken directly to the Challenge Leaderboard each time you sign in. If you already signed up then go to Step #6
- Complete the ‘Create a Property User Account’ form and click Create my Account.
- In the Welcome box that pops up, if you represent:
- A PROPERTY: Click on Add a Property, search for your address and see if your property is already registered. If your property is not listed, click Add New Property in the top left corner. You will then be prompted to enter your property’s information, such as address, year built, and square footage. (Note: the Property Challenge leaderboard lists participants by property address only. If you would like the name of the property owner and/or manager to show with the property address, enter the property address in the following manner: Address – Property owner/manager name, Example: 500 Second Street, NW – ABC Development)
- AN ORGANIZATION: Click on Add a Business/Space search for the building in which your organization resides and see if your building is already registered. If your building is not listed, click Add New Property & Space in the top left corner and enter basic information about your property and specific information about your space, such as address, year built, and square footage.
- There is a list of over 500,000 properties. To get started, find yours or Add a New Property
- Once your property and/or space has been found or added, look for the Challenges tab in the green toolbar on the left of your screen.
- Click on Challenges and scroll down to find the South Bay Cities Green Business Challenge. Click Join the Challenge.
- Click on Get More Points to view and begin completing activities in the Challenge.
Note that the list of activities for property managers and organizations are different
Go through the categories and activities and make a plan about how you will implement each one!
- Click on each activity to see a detailed description and supporting knowledge (including resources) to help you implement your sustainability actions.
- To mark an activity as complete: After clicking on the green title of the activity click Complete this Activity.
Enter the date of completion, the description of what your property or organization did to complete the activity, and upload an optional attachment (the file types supported by the system are PDF and Word documents). Click Submit
For activities with ‘metric’ points (i.e. +50 points for 50% increase, +75 points for 75% increase, +100 points for 100% increase): Enter the metric you have achieved in the ‘Description’ box for each activity. You will automatically receive the minimum points; based on your description we will increase your points accordingly.
Thank you for being part of the Green Building Challenge!
Posted by Micaela Stump in Property User Support